Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Some good news and some bad news


Hello my dear friends. Many of you may be fortunate enough to know me, but for those of you poor souls who do not, my name is Marge.

I had recently been unduly banished from this pathetic excuse for a blog, but thanks to some fortuitous circumstances, I have returned. From, Hell? I think not. And neither from Hades. as the deranged gardener lurking about these headquarters insists on calling it. (Had I been traveling from the underworld, however, might I have passed a certain inebriated blogger traveling in the other direction? Ho ho!)
And this of course is the good news as indicated by the headline above: I'm back.
I'm back to spread the jagged truth. I'm back to spread my ample wisdom. I am back to share my grand vision on how to save this wretched place we call Allentown. In the weeks and months to come I will give more specifics on my plans to revitalize these squalid environs. And if during that time I am called to lead this city, I shan't back away from that burden.
But all of this can wait. We shall have plenty of time to get to know each other.
Now, because I cannot save the world, as it were, on my own, I'd like to reintroduce my two very capable assistants, who, together with myself, will form Team Marge: The Player and R. Dodger.
As you may recall, these two striking figures were hounded from this blog for their loyalty to me and my vision. They shall be rewarded here and in heaven I have no doubt for their perseverance and unbending commitment to all that is good and righteous.
Before I sign off on the first post of the Marge Era, there is a bit of unpleasant business I must attend to.
Sadly, to some of you anyway, Mr. Atown-Liker is deceased. Apparently he was celebrating his reprehensible actions of yesterday, when he summarily banned my to faithful assistants from his so-called blog. As if he needed an excuse to carry on his intemperate excesses. From what can be ascertained he inadvertently consumed a non-alcoholic beer, fell into shock and staggered off and died miserably in an alley behind the Allentown Brew Works. His body was whisked to Lehigh Valley Hospital where it was detonated by the county's bomb squad as a precautionary measure. They say an autopsy will be impossible.
I imagine that hot dog of his has been removed from his grasp once and for all, yes? Ho ho! But I digress.
This turn of events may be considered, to some misguided souls at least, to be the bad news I alluded to earlier. But I prefer to see it as an opportunity.
Where Atown-Liker would see the glass as half-full (a half-full glass of beer no doubt that he would attempt to finish in a single greedy gulp), I see the glass as a weapon to throw in the face of my tormentors.
To Atown-Liker. Allentown was nice and he liked it here. He was happy simply because someone decided to build a $7 million bar a stone's throw from these headquarters. How perfectly mundane. How terribly inconsiderate of Death to interrupt his lifelong coma.
Not for Marge. No, no, no. Marge is a fighter and Allentown is nice no longer. Allentown is my enemy and I intend to vanquish it, just as Atown-Liker himself was vanquished. (In Atown-Liker's case he was vanquished by natural causes, let's be clear on that point. I'm certain an autopsy, had one been possible, would have shown that to be the case.)
Like death, I shall interrupt this city's coma and what rises from its ashes will be an unspeakably wondrous accomplishment the likes of which mankind ...
Excuse me, my team of physicians has finally arrived and I must attend to them immediately.
Courage!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Marge, I would like to be the first to congratulate you on your triumphant return to lead this blog and this city into a wondrous future.

I feel you are going to inject some new life into this city's backside and give it some real juice so that it may develop in a way it never could, naturally.

Anonymous said...

Marge,

I would personally like to thank you for bring me back into the fold where you and all of the world may benefit from my fabulosity.

I spoke to Jesus earlier today and he is excited about the future of this blog, this city and of course me winning the Super Bowl next year with my team, the, um ... Cowboys! That's right, I'm on the Cowboys again. Jesus is also very excited about any individual accolades that may come my way.

Sometime when you get a chance I'd like to talk about my compensation package. Jesus thinks I should be better paid. Praise the Lord!

Anonymous said...

Marge, when I am through with you, you will wish you had remained in Hell, I mean Hades.

Something is very fishy about this entire story. You and I both know that Liker, that dear, darling man, would never drink a non-alcoholic beer.

Luckily for you there have been some minor complications with my forehead implant -- the third eye was not quite the proper shade -- and I will be detained here in the hospital for several more days.

As soon as I am able I will leave Monaco and come to Allentown to expose this fraud.

Allentown is Nice forever!

atown-liker said...

Dear Mr. Dodger,

I do thank you for your kind words, as muddled as they were. It's good to have you back here by my side.

Another issue has arisen that I'm afraid I am going to need your assistance once again. Pack an overnight bag and start out for JFK Airport. I'll phone you later with the details.

atown-liker said...

Dear Mr. Player,

As always I find your words delightful. You and I will accomplish great things together, I have no doubt.

By the way, does Jesus ever mention me when you speak to him? Just curious.

As for your package, it seems quite substantial as it is. However, if I can somehow make it larger, I shall endeavor to do so.

atown-liker said...

Dear so-called Countess:

If something smells fishy, it is most likely because you've had your surgeons transform you into some form of three-eyed mutant sea creature.

Normally I would advise such pseudo-eurotrash as yourself to stay put in your puny country, however I welcome your visit here.

I look forward to crushing any futile attempt of yours to discredit me. I shake off insults from the likes of you like water off of a phony dutchess' back.

So get swimming, Little Mermaid, the water is fine!