Monday, November 3, 2008

A fine big woman, she is

... Marge opens up with an aggressive move, tossing the sea monster through a large picture window onto the sidewalk. ... The sea monster is down and not moving. ... Of course, not much is moving as time seems to be progressing verrrry slooooowly right now. I'm afraid, folks, that this match may be over before it even gets started.


Jaysus, ya'd think a fine big sea creature like that would put up a better fight. We got tougher sea trout than that in the River Liffey.


Wait, there appears to be some movement. Marge is trying to follow the sea monster through the picture window to finish her off, but it looks like she can't fit through ....


She a fine large woman, that Marge, devil.



Hey, that reminds me ... what was goin on with you at the BrewWorks earlier, anyways? Wait, hold that thought. ... Whoa, what do we have here? The door to the grocer's alley seems to be slooooowly opening, and ... wait a second, it looks like ... yes it is! It's R. Dodger, Marge's faithful toady ...

Aye, he's a fine big strappin' lad isn't he?


Better living through chemistry, that's what they say. And lookit! He's carrying a rusty old lawnmower blade. By golly, it looks like the sycophantic yes man is going to finish the job for Marge. ...

I believe that's a keyser blade, devil. Some lads calls it a slingblade, but I fancy the term keyser blade. And, if ya don't mind me sayin', I believe that's a baker's alley, not a grocer's alley.

Whatever you say, pal. Who am I to argue with a drunken Irish tenor who staggered through a sixth-dimensional rift from a parallel timeline? ... So folks, Dodger is coming at the sea monster with a keyser blade from the baker's alley while Marge is still struggling to squeeze through that picture window. ...

Begorrah, a fine big woman she is ...

... Meanwhile, the sea monster is just totally out of it. She seems completely dazed and helpless. ... O.K. -- Dodger has reached the prone monster and, wait a minute, I think he's saying something to her ....
I'm gonna kill you just like I killed your pal, Atown-Liker. I should have finished you off back at that hospital in Mon ---


Oh my!! Did you see that? The sea monster just bit Dodger's head clean off and spit it out in the gutter! That's gotta hurt!
Crap! I'm gonna sue your ass!

I seen play like that once in hurling. I believe it was Cork versus Kilkenny. Callahan took a mighty swing at the sliotar with his hurley and he knocked poor O'Malley's head right off, saints preserve us.

Fascinating. I may hurl. Wait ... there's some movement. The sea monster has picked up a parked car ....

It's a wee little thing ....

She's carrying the car over to the house ... Marge is stuck halfway out that window yet ... Oh my goodness! The sea monster has smashed the car right on Marge's head, knocking her back inside. Ouch! Now she's throwing the car inside the house after her. ... I don't see how Marge could have survived a blow like that. That's gotta smart!




Indeed, I believe it was a Smart Car.



Is it my imagination or is time speeding up a little? Look at that guy walking this way down the block -- the one with the tan ... that looks like normal speed. Wait a sec ... Marge is stirring ... whoa! Look out! She's just kicked down the front wall of the house and she's following the sea monster toward 9th Street. ....

Jaysus, Mary and Joseph!



I couldn't put it any better myself. C'mon, we gotta follow them around the corner ...



No, not that. Would you look at that man comin down the block. Saints preserve us!


Aside from the hideous tan, he seems unremarkable. ... C'mon we have a fight to broadcast and you're a natural color man. With all of your inane comments, you're a regular Tim McCarver.

Don't ya see it, devil? It's me! It's me! Holy Mudder of God, it's me!


Oh! Isn't he supposed to be dead?


Hey! What the hell did you do to my house?

2 comments:

Geoff Brace said...

9th street... that's where I live (looking out the front window).

atown-liker said...

Keep your head down!