Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Pick up the damn phone!

(Continued from 'What the hell's going on here?' in Parallel Time.)


You have reached Michael the Archangel. I'm either on another call or away from my desk smiting a demon. Leave a message at the beep and I will get back to you.

... Hey! Pick up the damn phone! Hello? Hey, it's an emergency!

What the hell? ... Who is this?! How did you get this number?!

Hey, you better get your ass down here right now. There's an angel that's gonna be drowned!!

Hold on, hold on. A, Uriel is in charge of angels who have problems. He's speed dial No. 8. B, angels are all fine swimmers. As a rule they don't drown. C -- How the hell did you get this number?????

We don't have time for alphabet soup. This angel said to call you! You gotta get your ass down here now to Parallel Time. Ronan's gonna waterboard her any second.

Ronan? Parallel Time? Oh no. You must be the Player. I thought Jesus was gonna deal with you.

Hell, Jesus never said nothin about some crazy Irish guy with a torture chamber. He's got that poor little angel all tied up and gagged and he's got a sheet on her face and he's planning to pour a bucket of water down her throat.

Angel abuse? Not on my watch! ... Is the Green Guy there with you?

He's here. I think he fainted or something.

Yeah, he does that a lot. ... I'll be right down.

1 comment:

Bernie O'Hare said...

I've got to admit. I love The Player.