Thursday, December 4, 2008

Use your discretion, dude

You have reached Michael the Archangel. I am currently on vacation. Yeah that's right: Vacation. And it's been a long time coming. So leave a message at the beep and I'll get back to you next week. If it's an emergency please call Archangel Gabrielle.

Hey, Michael, man, it's Jesus. I was hoping to catch you ... something's come up.

Hello, Jesus? It's me. What can I do for you, my Lord?

Oh man, Michael. What are you doing in your office when you're supposed to be kicking back with an umbrella drink and soaking in some rays?

Well ... I didn't know where else to go. I mean, I'm already in heaven.

You're absolutely right, like always. Though, Cabo is pretty cool. ... So here's the deal. I think I'm going to need you down in Allentown again. I mean I did send Gabrielle down but I have a bad feeling about it. ... I mean he's a fine archangel, but ... he's not half the swordsman that you are.

Oh, well thank you, Jesus. I'm flattered.

Please tell me we're talking about the same thing.

Oh, right, of course. ... So what's the problem? I mean the sixth-dimensional rift is sealed and the normal progression of time has resumed.

Marge.

Oy vey. I hate that word.

Dude, she's finally flipped her wig. She's, like, 13 feet tall and she's smashing buildings in downtown Allentown. She's totally buggin.


Not Parallel Allentown?!?

No, non-Parallel, thank Dad.

Seriously. Parallel Allentown is sweet. Non-Parallel Allentown, not so much.

Tell me about it, but some of them still like it. You know, the apologists. ... Anyway, Marge. She's been fighting this sea monster ...


I know the one.

Well, the sea monster is losing and this Cuchulainn character is ready to take on the winner.

You mean Ronan? Marge will peel him like a potato and swallow him whole.
Yeah, about that. ... It's complicated. He's got some ancient powers ...

Not another grandfather clause??

Man, I'm sorry, dude. I know how you feel about this stuff, but you know the story. ... Anyway he goes into this warp spasm thing and he's kind of a badass.

What will you have me do, Lord?

You know the drill, dude. I don't like to interfere in earthly matters. Use your discretion. But here's some advice: It would be better for everyone of neither one of them walks away from this fight.

Got it. What about the crows -- you want them gone? I could take them out easy.

No way, the crows are cool. In fact, you're gonna need their help. ... Oh, and one last thing. Atown-Liker is back from the dead -- with a tan.

I suspected as much.

His double from Parallel Time is there, too. Is that going to be a problem?

Nah. I just gotta off of one of them before the tan wears off. Any preferences?

Hmmm. ... Whatever. Use your discretion, dude.

No comments: