Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Ho, goddam ho!

You can go in, now.


Hello, sir.

Angel! Thanks for stopping by. Listen, I just wanted to thank you personally for what you did with that statue. That showed some great initiative.

Really? You mean I'm not in trouble?

Not in the least. In fact, I think you may have just earned your way off of diaper duty.


Oh, thank you, Mr. Christ!

With Gabrielle playing for the other team now, I've been thinking that Michael could use an assistant -- provided he survives the battle he's in right now in Allentown. ...

But Michael hates me.

Hey, this is heaven, kiddo. There's no hate in our gait here. Don't worry, he'll get used to the idea. He has a lot on his plate.


But, who would take my place cleaning up after the cherubim?

I have a couple of ideas on that. ... I think I also need to find somebody to keep an eye on Santa.

Santa is a psycho.

He's been under a lot of pressure. ... Alcohol may be a factor, as well. ... But when he's finished in Allentown he'll have some down time to recharge his batteries.

You better send the Energizer Bunny, then.

Hang on a sec. Let me make a call right now. ... Put me through to Limbo.

Damn! What the hell do you want? Ain't Paul Newman around today to braid your hair?

Not another word, Player. Just listen. You want out of Limbo? Here's the deal. You can come back to heaven, but you either have to look after the cherubim ...

Hell! The Player doesn't clean up any damn diapers!

... Or you can go to the North Pole to babysit Santa.

Ho, goddam ho!

1 comment:

Chris Casey said...

Outstanding effort!

All we need now is for Christ to subcontract the reconstruction of Allentown to Blackwater, and appoint a provisional government.

How about Lou Pektor?!