Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Down by the river, Part 1

Helldog, what's going on down by the river?

I'm here on what's left of the Hamilton Street Bridge now, Devil, and I have a good view of the aircraft that is attacking the Armada. ... It's Santa Claus.

They used to warn us in devil school not to piss that guy off. Now I can see why.

He's just destroyed two ships with Harpoon missiles and now he's coming back around for a pass with the Gatling gun.


Does the Armada have any weapons to use against an airborne enemy?

Well, what do you think? Seriously.

No need to get snippy, Fido. I mean many Angels possess some surface-to-air capabilities. What about those flowers he's always lugging around?

Well, they appear to be just that -- flowers. Angels like flowers.

Dios Mio! Satan is raining fire on our fleet.

Not exactly, cupcake. That was a AGM-84 Harpoon missile. See those tracers? That's the 30mm Gatling gun. Those depleted uranium rounds could tear this whole fleet to shreds. ... I don't suppose you have any antiaircraft guns on board? ... Didn't think so. Luckily for us, I have something better.


Gen. Trexler! You should leave the river now. All heck is breaking loose up there.

I ... can't ... move.

I brought you some WD-40!

Go for the lead ship, Rudoph! I want that goddam angel's head on a freakin' stick!!

Yes, sir!
He's coming for us, señor!!! ... Padre nuestro que estás en los cielos, Santificado sea tu Nombres ....

Save your worthless prayers, Sidonia. ... Santa, say hello to my little friends!
Devil, it looks like you were right about those flowers. In fact they're not flowers at all. They are some sort of surface-to-air missiles.
It's a ManPAD, Helldog.

A man purse?

No, a ManPAD. A Man-Portable Air Defense System, know-it-all. ... An FIM-92 Stinger, to be exact.
How could you possibly know that?

I got my sources, mutt.

Well, whatever that angel is firing, he just scored a direct hit on a reindeer! It looks like Santa's going down!

Prancer is toast, Santa! We're losing altitude!!

Keep it together, airman! Mayday! Mayday! Mayday! We'll try to land on the river!!
What the heck! What a time for a cell call. ... Hello? This better be important and make it quick! Oh, it's you. Yes sir. Everything is going like you said it would, sir, except for that damn statue. Yes, that's right -- Santa is going down in flames as we speak. Disguising those missiles as flowers was brilliant, sir. OK, yes. I'll be in touch Mr. Newman.
09:59:57
09:59:58
09:59:59
10:00:00
To Be Continued

No comments: