Friday, May 16, 2008

wtf

From USA Today: At least seven men in five states have been fatally electrocuted since July while hacking through power lines to steal wire made of copper, which has been commanding near-record prices, police say.

Unfortunately I did not have power lines wrapped around my copper downspouts when they were stolen Wednesday night and no one was electrocuted.

This is the type of thing you might expect in the West End, but not here in the heart of Renaissance Square! At least that's how I perceive it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear about your theft. An empty apt. building on my street had its copper water pipes stolen last year. It happened just a week after the city tagged it with a bright orange sign for some violation, which probably clued in the crook that the place was vacant. The weirdest thing is none of us saw a thing. Amazing that you can walk down the street with 20 some feet of pipe and no one will notice!