Friday, February 12, 2010

It's good to be home

Ah! It's good to be home.

Father! Father! You've returned! And dear Maxwell! Oh joy!

My dear Meg. I always knew you would get a speaking part some day!

But if you were to utter the words 'Oh joy' another time, I suspect that would change rather quickly.

This is our friend Mrs. Egram. She has helped us return home after our long journey into the future! It is 1868 isn't it?

Oh, father. Don't jest. You've only been gone for two hours!

Two hours? We've been gone for over a year!

Hmm. Anbody notice anythin' differnt 'bout Truman? Mmm.

Good heavens! He's human once again!

Truman! You are back!

Indeed I am! It must be because I stepped through the time portal in the same direction two times in a row! .... Though I must say, I rather enjoyed being a flying polar bear rug, gliding though time and space. ...

This is all very interesting, I'm sure, but it is imperative that we return to Alternate Time and speak to Mr. Old Donovan about travelling to Parallel Time.

Meg, did Miss Emily ever return?

No, father. We were playing hide-and-go-seek and she simply vanished. We thought she had hidden herself in that old blanket chest but we have not been able to open it.

Strange. ... I wonder where she could have gotten to?

..........................................................

Oh, I don't think I like it here at all!

No comments: